New week, new exercise program!

Why is it that when I have things to do, the last thing in the world that I do is what needs to be done? For example: I have to format and finish the reference page on my thesis. And then I am done. That’s it – like an hour or so of work…

But am I doing it? NOOOOOOOOO…..and this is why: it sucks.

So I am blogging instead.

The whole weight loss thing is coming along, slowly, but it’s coming along. I’ve cut out all processed carbs and have been eating lots of fish, chicken, and vegetables. It’s not fun. But, I would much rather fit into a wedding dress and finally be able to buy one, so Atkins here I come. Again. Anyways, over the last week, I haven’t dropped any weight. I know that I am toning a lot and building muscle, but it’s still a little disheartening to step on the scale and see that the little needle (sadistic bastard) hasn’t budged. So I figured out a way to get past my plateau…

BLEACHERS. Oh yeah, I ran bleachers last night for what seemed like forever followed by adgility work then abs. It sucked, I was cranky, I’m still sore, I tripped a couple of times, I think I dropped more f-bombs than I have in a long time…it was everything that I dreamt that it would be. My dad would be proud.

No sooner had I gotten out of the shower, then Jen called me and wanted to take Echo out for a walk. ~4 miles later, and I was pooped out. So around 1:30 I crawled into bed, setting my alarm for a little before 6 so that I could get things around the house done in the morning and passed out. I woke up at 5 fully energized and ready to face the day. It was only when Echo turned and looked at me as if to say “look lady, I’m sleeping here” that I realized how early it was. I couldn’t contain my activity any longer sometime around 6, and Echo and I headed out for our long morning walk. I don’t think that he’s used to all of this…I fed him his breakfast when we got back and he just laid down next to it and looked at it. It took him all of 10 minutes to eat it (which has to be some sort of record considering he can polish off the entire contents of a grill in about 2.2 seconds) and when I came back in the kitchen, he was in the corner by the back door, spread eagle and snoring. It was actually quite amusing.

SO, hopefully if I keep up the intesity, I will be able to see results quicker. That, and I am swearing off the scale soas to not get too cranky about everything!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s